Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Partial Furniture Deliveries

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 60 degrees, high 68 degrees, rain until 1100 hours, then partly to mostly cloudy skies

We were at the new home base by 0900 hours this morning, as we wanted to make sure we were there when furniture deliveries were made. Well, we could have saved ourselves some time, as the first one didn't show up until about 1400 hours. The next one was at 1700 hours, and the last one for the day was at 1800 hours. One delivery was deferred until Friday because the delivery truck was in the shop for repairs.

I was responsible for picking up some items from one store, and went to get them while we were waiting on other deliveries. When I got to the store, the owner was concerned that the furniture might get rained on, even though the clouds were clearing up and it was not raining. He insisted that he would deliver if for me in his enclosed truck, so off we went. Once we had the furniture off-loaded, I tried to pay him for the delivery, but he wouldn't take any pay. Aren't small towns great?

The wait for deliveries was not spent idly, as we finished the detail cleaning that we started yesterday. I thought I would be tired yesterday, but today is worse. I hope I can sleep like a log tonight. I'm wore out.

Please excuse the short post. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee: We Have Long Songs

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

tuatara said...

Soddy-Daisy?

Jerald said...

Surely you remember Soddy-Daisy?

Dad