Wednesday, November 10, 2010

More Pictures From Pulaski

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 36 degrees, high 75 degrees, high, thin clouds

In yesterday's post about Pulaski, Tennessee, I didn't include a few pictures that I liked. So, here they are.

This first picture is another view of the Giles County courthouse.



I like quirky things, so here's a picture of a BIG rocking chair in front of a store. Note the difference in size between the chair and the entrance to the store.



How many people remember this old type of wood heater? I can remember backing up to a hot heater on a cold winter morning and staying there so long I could smell my pants start to scorch. I like wood heat!



A couple of days ago, I mentioned that we have been looking for a new place to settle down when we grow up. At that time, I also mentioned the factors that we were looking for that would make a place work for us. To our surprise when we came here a few days ago, we found that we still like this area a lot, even though we moved away about 20 years ago as careers were followed. Since we do like the area so much, and I have a sister and her family here, we have decided to look around to see what we can find that would work for us as a home base. Who knows, we might become Alabamans again!

I know that from a beauty standpoint and the seasons, some might think this is the worse time of the year to be looking for a possible home base. Our thinking on it is that if we like a place, even with everything brown or dead, it would really be something to see when the weather is nice. In addition, we think this is a good time to be buying a home, with the economy suffering and people needing to sell homes. So, we'll see how it goes.

If it's meant to be, it will happen. If not, we look elsewhere.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Gulfport, Mississippi: Root Beer Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you become Alabamians again, I hope you have the good taste to be War Eagle fans instead of rooting for the tide. You know in that state you must decide. At least with 2 losses so far this year, a trip to Tuscaloosa will not be as unpleasant this year.

Tim

Jerald said...

Earlier in the year, I was thankful that Florida wasn't going to play Auburn this year. Now, it looks like if the Gators win against South Carolina, they will be playing Auburn in the SEC championship game. It's a mixed blessing: turned the season around, but having to play Auburn. I don't see much good coming out of that game for Florida.

Jerald