Monday, May 19, 2008

Early Riser

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 62 degrees, high 87 degrees, mostly clear skies

Today I was corrected on Saturday's post about Duran Duran being one of the hair bands of the 1980s. Terri tells me that at that time, they would have been known as more of a New Wave band than anything else. She couldn't put a genre on their music type for today, but she said they are better than ever. Okay, got that out of the way.

When I was working, I would get up and be ready to go to work by 0530 hours when an outage was not occurring. When we had an outage going on, I would be at work by 0430 hours. Since I stopped working, I have gradually been able to break those early rising habits. Most of the time. This morning, I was up at 0430 hours and gone for a walk by 0530 hours. These early hours happen occasionally when I can't sleep past a certain time, so I don't fight it. Just get up and get an early start on the day.

We spent all morning at the RV, except for my morning walk and stop at the Walmart Mall to pick up a few groceries. Early in the morning is the best time to visit the Mall, with very few people and more choices. We don't go there on the weekend anymore unless we have to. After I got back from the store, Carolyn re-caulked around the bathroom tub, while I wiped down the lower half of the outside walls on the RV. After some meditation around noon time, we went out to Terri's house. I mowed the yard, while Carolyn worked on sorting stuff for a possible yard sale or to give to charity. Not a bad day. Now, let's see if I can sleep past 0430 hours tomorrow morning.

When we were coming home from Terri's tonight, the moon was spectacular. It looked like one of those harvest moons that you see in the fall.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Cheyenne, Wyoming: Live The Legend

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: