Saturday, May 24, 2008

Humidity

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 68 degrees, high 88 degrees, mostly cloudy, humid

It felt like a sauna outside today. The humidity was very high, with cloudy skies and no breezes. I had some chores to do outside that left me soaked with sweat, and seemed to take the strength out of me. We really miss the lower humidity levels to be found in the Glen Rose, Texas area, where we were for the most of the last three years. It would seem that growing up and living in this type of humidity would make it easy to adjust. Not so.

We helped Terri with sorting and storing her music cds and movie dvds today. Once that task is completed, it will make it easier to move these items to another house when she moves away from this one. After getting back home, I dumped the holding tanks while Carolyn prepared supper. Then a nice cold shower to wash the sweat away and cool off. Ahhhh!

Has anyone noticed how much money you can make on the Internet? I know I have been making a fortune, almost on a daily basis. I didn't know there were so many people that wanted to give me money, and I don't even know them. I didn't know there was so much money to be had from Africa. I thought that everyone there was starving. That shows what I know. I have been making up a list on how I'm going to spend my money, after taxes, of course. I can't seem to spend it fast enough. Every time I seem to be making some headway on plans for spending it, more of it flows off the Internet.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Kosciusko, Mississippi: Come For The History, Stay For The Charm

Not all who travel are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think it's hot there? It's been in the 90's everyday for more than a week down here. The only relief we had was last Saturday (the 17th). What a beautiful day- showers kept the temp so low that we were wearing long sleeves that evening at an outdoor concert at the Woodlands. We took Zoe to see Radiohead. Our tickets were for the lawn, which is a lovely sloping hill above the stage. Zoe dozed for part of the show on towels we spread on the grass.
What a strange stretch of weather. But I'll gladly keep the cool temps whenever we have them.

-Lori

Jerald said...

Looks like both of us have a heat or humidity story to tell. Just think, it will continue on here until October or later, and probably until December there.

Dad