Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sam's Club

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 62 degrees, high 81 degrees, clear early, cloudy in the afternoon with scattered showers

Boy, what a slow day. After my morning walk, we didn't do much of anything except go over to Sam's Club for a few things that we use on a routine basis. We like shopping at Sam's because of the quality of their products, including their meat. In addition, we can find unique products that we can't find anywhere else. I especially like to visit the stores that offer samples of their food offerings. I could eat lunch grazing through the stations set up to showcase the products. Where else can you get your choice of several meats, vegetables, fruits, desserts, and drinks? Several courses within a stroll of a block or so. Then, to top it off, the snack bar offers a Nathan's hot dog and a coke for $1.70. It doesn't get any better. And, oh, I almost forgot. The coke comes with free refills.

After an exhausting walk through Sam's, we bought diesel ($4.55 a gallon, Ouch!) and returned home for a well earned session of mediation. The afternoon weather was cloudy and cooler than we expected. The temperature dropped to 69 degrees after a small shower passed through. It's too bad we can't bottle some of this cooler weather to use later this summer when it gets hot.

We went over to Terri's about 1430 hours so Carolyn could do our laundry and I could take care of a few small errands. Later in the afternoon, I started putting some wax on the truck, since it has been awhile since I have had time for that. I finished the hood and two front fenders, and I'll try to finish that job tomorrow. After supper with Terri and Thomas, we returned home so Carolyn could check the Weather Channel and I could get the blog updated. As I said, it was a slow day.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Brent, Alabama: Building Opportunities

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: