Saturday, May 16, 2009

Heavy Rains

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 68 degrees, high 78 degrees, cloudy, severe thunderstorms

What's going on? I didn't clean up the outside of the RV or truck in the last day or so, and it rained cats and dogs today. With heavy rain, high winds, thunder, lightning, and hail, it was a real storm that lasted most of the afternoon. At least we didn't have any tornado warnings. I'm ready for some dry weather.

When I got up this morning, I felt out of sorts. I had a headache and sore throat, and was stiff and sore all over. In fact, I felt so bad, I almost decided to not take my morning walk. In the end, I persevered, and I'm glad I did. Even though it felt like the walk would not end, by the end of it I had loosened up and felt better. Not 100% better, but at least I didn't feel like I should go back to bed. I'm not sure what was wrong, but it must not have been anything of consequence.

We'll see. Oink.

In 2007, we spent some time in South Carolina, including around Columbia, the state capital. This picture is of the state capital building of South Carolina. I've mentioned in the past that I like to see the courthouses (especially the old ones) across the country. Add the state capitols to that list of things I like. My favorite time to see them is on the weekend because there is less traffic and fewer people, which makes it easier to take pictures. Usually, the grounds have all sorts of plaques, memorials, and statues to commemorate historical events in the state's history. The capital in Columbia is typical of what we usually find.









Most of the tributes to people are usually to men. Here's one of the few to women that we have seen, Tribute To The Women Of The Confederacy, which was erected by the men of the Confederacy. I'm not making a political statement, just taking note of an interesting bit of history.

I think I'll close for tonight. As I said, I'm not 100%. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow. Oink.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Columbia, South Carolina: The Heart of South Carolina

Not all who wander are lost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you want some dry weather you need to come back to bay city. terrell even washed his truck yesterday and one drop came.
Kathy