Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Format For Blog

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 69 degrees, high 87 degrees, partly to mostly cloudy skies

Guess what? It didn't rain today, miracle of miracles. I may not ever clean the truck up again. Unless we need the rain, or somebody pays me to do it.

Did anyone notice the new appearance of the blog? Well, duh! It would be hard not to notice it, wouldn't it? The problem with the old format was that it was difficult to place the pictures in it. I had been kicking some different formats around, and today I asked Carolyn to do a consumer test for me. I showed her the different formats I was considering and asked her which one she liked best. In other words, did the format have eye appeal, was it easy to read without straining the eyes, and did it flow properly? She narrowed her choices down to two styles, and we both decided the new format (named Denim) is the one that we like best. I know it will be easier to fit pictures in this new format, and it should be at least as easy on the eyes as the old style. There may be some minor tweaking done before I'm completely done with this format, but overall, it's not bad. I hope the readers like it.

We decided to get our semi-annual mall fix today. No, we didn't go to the WalMart Mall. We went to a real mall, University Mall, located in Tuscaloosa. We tend to visit one of these places about every six months, whether we need to or not. As we get older, we find that there's not much in these places that we need or want. It seems to us that the malls are geared more to the younger generations. They seem to be filled with overpriced and flashy clothes made to fit models, rather than old folks that have no interest in keeping up with the fashions. Just give us something that is comfortable and reasonably priced. After walking around and looking for about an hour, we were ready to say enough of that. Nothing has changed in the last six months.

When Carolyn cooks, she tends to prepare enough for at least a couple of meals. So, supper was leftover beef roast with the trimmings. She didn't get any complaints from me. I like leftovers, and the more we have, the better I like it. Variety, after all, is the spice of life. And food.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Willits, California: Solar Energy Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: