Friday, August 13, 2010

Bad Bar-B-Que

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 76 degrees, high 91 degrees, mostly cloudy skies, daylong showers

The rain kept us from doing much outside today, except for me going to take care of a couple of little chores away from the RV. Remembering that Carolyn doesn't like to do any cleaning if I'm around, I stayed away long enough that she was able to get some things done. I wonder if she wishes I would go back to work? I'm being facetious when I ask that question, because she fussed at me about working every time I went back to work.

Our mail came in today at Carolyn's mother's house, so we went over there this afternoon to pick it up. Combined with a visit, we stayed for a couple of hours. On our way home, I decided to cook supper. So, we went to Sonny's Bar-b-que, which turned out to be a mistake. At least this time. It was the worse tasting food we have gotten there. I don't know if it was a different cook, or if they have changed how they do things, or...... Anyway, badddddd. The restaurant was very busy, so that may have had something to do with the bad food. We decided that we won't go back on Friday nights. Now, we'll have to see if the food is better on another day.

When we got home, we watched part of the PGA golf championship, which is being held this weekend. Tiger Woods seems to be playing better, but he's a long way from being as good as he was last year. My, how the mighty fall, sometimes. It's a shame that someone with so much talent and ability to do good allowed his personal life to get so bad.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Marshall, Texas: Pottery Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: