Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hard To Get Started

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 74 degrees, high 89 degrees, partly cloudy skies

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that we were going to start getting ready to take a trip up to Tennessee next week if the doctor's appointment I have then goes well. That means we need to do some preparations, such as a whole house cleaning, inside and out. Can't be going on the road with a dirty RV. Dirty, at least, in Carolyn's eyes. She likes to have everything squeaky clean when we take off. Of course, the outside cleanliness only lasts about 20 miles, before the road grime starts building up.

We had good intentions to get started this morning on the chores that need to be done to meet Carolyn's standards for leaving. Well, so much for good intentions. About all we managed to get done was a little sorting through a few cabinets, a little wipe down of cabinets and shelves, defrosted the freezer and refrigerator, and the daily vacuuming. That little bit of work seemed to wear me out, and I had to do some meditation after lunch so I could get through the afternoon. I guess that was enough for the cleaning gods for the day. I know it was for me. Being sick has kicked my rear end, and it's taking time to build myself back up.

With all the hard work today (hah!), I decided to take Carolyn out for supper. Since there's no limit to what I'll spend (what's that gasping sound I'm hearing from readers who know me?), I suggested we go to Cracker Barrel. Why would I suggest Cracker Barrel? Well, it's the closest thing to home cooking that we've found in a restaurant, and the taste is usually the same, no matter where the restaurant is.

There are two Cracker Barrel restaurants in the Ocala area. We like to go to the one south of town on county road 484 because there is less traffic and the store doesn't seem as busy as the one closer to town. When we went in, there were only three other tables that were occupied, so the service was really quick. From the time we sat down to our food being served was not more than about five minutes.

I like meat loaf, so that's what I had. Carolyn had apple glazed baked chicken, which she said was very good. As usual, we couldn't eat everything, so there's leftovers for lunch tomorrow. See how being free spending actually saves money?

Both of us agree that we need to get our act together tomorrow if we're going to be ready to leave next week. If Carolyn could relax her expectations a little..... Naw, I can't ask her to do that. She's right, and I've become used to it.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Corpus Christi: City Of Beautiful Women

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: