Saturday, August 14, 2010

Out And About

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 76 degrees, high 93 degrees, partly cloudy skies

The big news for the day was no rain. Today is the first day in about a week that we haven't had rain. Anyone that knows me knows how much I dislike as much rain as we tend to get in the south. Give me about 20 inches of rain a year, and I'm happy.

Traffic at the RV park where we're staying seems to be picking up a little. The park has about 30 full time occupants, and in the last two weeks, they have averaged four overnighters a night. At the rate they are going, they will be full by October. We don't know where we'll be then, but I hope I'm not waiting for doctor appointments. I have two appointments next week, and I'm hopeful that I won't have any more for the near future.

We got out and about this morning, taking a ride north of town to ride through some of the beautiful horse farm country. With all the rain we have been getting, the countryside is as green as it ever gets. When we visited here in past years, we were under the impression that the number of horse farms had decreased. Now that we have been here as long as we have and have seen so much of the county, we realize that there are more farms here now than there were when we lived here. The difference we notice is that the number of large farms has decreased, while the number of smaller farms has increased greatly. The farms that are kept up best look like city parks, with manicured pastures, majestic moss draped oak trees, board fences, and ponds. We'll miss the beauty when we leave.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Breaux Bridge, Louisiana: Crawfish Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: