Friday, August 27, 2010

Family Stuff

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 85 degrees, mostly cloudy skies, sprinkles

I had another good night of sleep as I continue to feel better and recover from my recent illness. Two nights in a row, I have been able to sleep for at least eight hours. That's unheard of for me, as I used to average about five hours a night when I was working. With the medical problems that I've been having the past few months, I was lucky to get two or three hours a night. Now, if I can just keep up the momentum on getting well.......

We visited Carolyn's mother this morning, and she continues to do well. It's so refreshing to visit and talk to a person who has such a positive attitude as Doris does.

Later in the day, we visited my brother Roger to plan a little family get together with the family that still lives in Florida. The impetus for the gathering is that my brother Terrell and his wife Kathy, who live in Tennessee, are in town for a visit.

While we were at Roger's house, Terrell came over to sit and talk awhile. In addition to Roger and Terrell and their wives (and Carolyn), our sister Janie and her husband Wayne will be there, as well as our cousins Faye, Barbara, and Pat with their husbands. Janie lives in Lakeland, Faye lives in Jacksonville, and Barbara lives in Pinellas Park. And, Terrell lives in Tennessee, as I mentioned earlier. So, people are making an effort to get together for a family gathering. I love it! The only thing that would make it better would be if our sister Judy and youngest brother Keith, and our daughters Terri and Lori could be here with their families. Maybe we'll be able to do that someday.

We didn't have a lot going on today, but enjoyed the family visits. Tomorrow's going to be even better.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Irmo, South Carolina: Home Of The Okra Strut

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: