Thursday, August 26, 2010

Nine Hours

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 75 degrees, 87 degrees, partly cloudy to mostly cloudy skies, scattered light showers

Wahoo! I got about nine hours of sleep last night! Forgive me for celebrating, but sleep has been something that hasn't come easily for me since I've been having my medical problems. Maybe I've turned the corner on the problems, and can finally start getting better. I know that I didn't have any breathing problems last night. Now, let's see if I can do it again tonight.

By the time I was up and about and had some breakfast, it was already 0900 hours. We decided that I needed to wash the laundry while Carolyn took the opportunity to have me out of the RV to do some cleaning that she was putting off. While I was at the laundry, I had a nice conversation with another fulltime RVer from the New England area. It appears they are staying here through the winter. When he asked what we were going to do for the winter, I had to say that we haven't decided yet. A lot of the decision depends on how much I continue to improve from the problems I've been having.

After eating lunch, I had enough gumption left that I was able to clean up the inside of the truck for the first time since we've been in Florida. Boy, that water and cleaning rag was dirty when I was finished. Well, almost finished, that is. I still have to treat the seats with a leather cleaner. I thought I had some, but the bottle was empty. The last time I treated the seats, they were so slick that Carolyn complained that she was sliding around on the seat like she had ball bearings under her. I told her to tighten her seat belt and hang on.

Carolyn has been doing genealogy research for about 20 years, and has accumulated quite a lot of information on her family, with records going back to the 1600s in the New World. Her research on my family, on the other hand, is very sketchy because there is little information available that she has been able to access. She has been training me on how to do the research, but hasn't signed off on my qualifications to allow me to search without her help. Once she is reasonably sure I can do the research without losing all the hard work she's done over the years, I'll join the world of family history researchers. Do I think I'll do a better job than Carolyn has? Not hardly. But, I do have the interest in my ancestry, and it only seems fair that I should be involved more than I have. Some road trips may be on tap to run down leads. That's a good thing, as Martha would say.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Katy, Texas: Rice Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: