Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rainy Day

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 75 degrees, high 89 degrees, mostly cloudy skies, showers

This was the type of day that was good for someone wanting to rest, watch television, read, and sleep: cloudy, cooler, and showers all day long. So that's about all we did, except for a visit with Carolyn's mother Doris and some of her brothers and a sister.

I read so much today that my eyes feel weak. I'm tired from sitting and laying around all day. As far as watching television, can you believe how little there is to watch that's actually worth watching? I hope tomorrow's weather will be better for getting out and doing something different.

One good thing came out of the day. Carolyn decided she wanted some fried chicken wings for supper, so she fixed us enough wings for supper tonight and lunch tomorrow. The wings were very good, even though she prepared them with lower sodium content. It's been a struggle, but we're beginning to find some things I can eat that are not so high in sodium. When the doctors here first told me to eat less sodium (even though I've never been one to eat much of it), I thought it wouldn't be too hard to change my diet. Hah! Not so! I never dreamed that salt gave so much flavor to food.

Now that I've been on the low sodium diet for about six weeks, it's not as difficult to eat as it was to start. There are still some things that taste awful without salt, including grits. I don't eat many grits, but they are good with eggs. Now, I eat even less grits than I did.

I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. I'm hopeful that he'll relax the restrictions a little.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Abilene, Texas: A Whole Lotta Texas Going On

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: