Saturday, March 22, 2008

Beautiful Day In Alabama

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 41 degrees, high 73 degrees, clear skies

Today was one of those days that the weather was perfect. Starting out a little cool, it warmed up later in the day to the point that a jacket was not needed. There was not a cloud in the sky, and the sky was a deep blue. Perfect!

We were tired this morning, having been on the road for two days. After getting up about 0700 hours, I took a walk to see what kinds of changes have been made since we were here last. Some road re-surfacing has been taking place as well as painting of signs, fences, and shelters. A general cleanup seems to have taken place, and the park has benefitted. The park has 91 spaces, and only about five of them were vacant. It looks like the people have responded to the changes.
That's good to see, since we have stayed here every time we have been up here with the RV to see Terri and her family. It is convenient and quiet for us. We hope the improvements continue.

After my walk, I set up the satellite dish so we could watch TV. I worked on it a little yesterday, but I was so tired that my heart wasn't in it, so I was finding it difficult to get a signal. Today, I found the signal almost immediately. Maybe that's a sign that I should take it easy a little more.

Terri had to respond to another call-in, so we met her in Northport for lunch. After a nice lunch, Terri and Carolyn decided they wanted to go have their nails done (girl stuff), so I decided to go back to the RV and watch TV. That's another word for meditate, although I did actually watch some TV. It looks like Tiger Woods' winning streak is in jeopardy of ending, as he is three shots back of the leader, and did not play well today. Tomorrow will tell the tale.

I also did some productive tasks, including setting up our sewer hoses, so my time alone wasn't all leisure. I have a lot more things I want or need to do, but next week is soon enough.

While Terri and Carolyn were gone, they went to Birmingham to pick up Thomas, our grandson. I saw him when Terri brought Carolyn back to the RV. I was really surprised at how tall he has gotten since we last saw him at Christmas. All of our grandchildren are growing up, and you can almost see them inching up. They are also the best looking grandchildren.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Williston, Florida: Gateway To The Nature Coast

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: