Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 35 degrees, high 60 degrees, mostly clear skies

Happy Easter, everyone. A lot of people visited the park today, having picnics and hiding eggs for the kids. There is no telling how many eggs were not found. Thomas, our grandson, and I took a walk this afternoon, and could see several eggs that had not been found. On the other hand, maybe the raccoons will have a feast tonight. This all brings back memories of when our girls were at home and the picnics and egg hunts we used to have for them. Carolyn would dress them up in new dresses that she had made or found in a store that were just right. Ahhhh, memories. We have many pictures of those days.

We went to a Chinese buffet for lunch. I know, I know. I said that we did not want to go to another buffet for awhile. However, when I asked Thomas where we should eat lunch, he suggested this particular Chinese restaurant. It was good food, and we showed a lot of restraint, so the pain was not as bad as the other night. Sometimes, you do things for your grandchildren that you wouldn't do for yourself.

Thomas and I took the camera with us to see what kind of pictures we could take of the park and small wild life that we might see. One bird in particular that we wanted to get a picture of are the blue birds that call the park home. We saw several of them and took some pictures, but I won't know how good the pictures are until I have the time to download them. If I have a good one, I'll share it on the blog. We also took some pictures of the lake and campground that we will share.

What a surprise to wake up this morning with the temperature at 35 degrees. After yesterday, we thought it might continue to warm up a little more. It did not really warm up much at all until the afternoon. At least it wasn't raining or snowing. The next three days are supposed to be more of the same, so we will enjoy it.

Tomorrow will be a busy day for us. I have an antenna for our air card being delivered to Terri's house by Fedex, and it requires a signature to be left at the house. I have no idea what time Fedex will be here, so I'll be ready to stay as long as needed. While waiting, I'll clean up the truck and possibly put some wax on it. If Fedex comes early enough, we need to go buy some groceries. Then, I need to clean and treat the roof on the RV. It's always something to keep me from my meditation.

Once we get some of these tasks out of the way, we plan to do some exploring and picture taking.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Florence, Alabama: Alabama's Renaissance City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: