Friday, March 7, 2008

Taxes

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 41 degrees, high 50 degrees, winds up to 35 mph, cloudy early, clear after mid-morning

The weather was colder than we expected this morning. When I went for a walk, the wind made it seem even colder, with a wind chill of about 31 degrees.

I saw our CPA this morning about our tax matters. We had a nice conversation, since we have known him about 18 years. He always seems interested in what we are doing and where we are going next. Nice fellow.

After seeing the CPA, I went home and we had lunch. Then I went to the Bay City library to see if I could send some pictures out on the blog. I was able to use a computer, but they do not have cd drives, so I struck out in the effort to send pictures out. I'm still working on it, even to the point that I have starting looking for a signal booster to add to our air card. Supposedly, the air card and wi fi signals are enhanced with the booster. I'll probably decide in the next few days on which way to go. The slowness and lack of dependability of what I am having to work with at this time is frustrating. One thing I did find out at the library is that they expect to be upgrading their computer and Internet systems within the next two years. That means they will be joining the rest of the world with up to date technology.

We ordered our mail to be sent from our mail service provider, since it has been two weeks since we have gotten it. Our mail service is through the Escapees RV Club, located in Livingston, Texas. Livingston is also our address of record.

This afternoon, we went to see my brother Terrell and his wife Kathy. She looks good, especially considering the battle she has been having with cancer. Terrell retired from his job a week ago, but will be doing some consulting after they take a few weeks of vacation. We wish them a long and happy retirement.

Tonight, we went to dinner at Victoria's Mexican Restaurant with Lori, John, Julian, and Zoe. The food was good, as was the company. After dinner, we all went back to the RV to visit for a while. It was nice to reminisce about old times. The grandkids are growing up fast.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Lakeland, Georgia: Small Town Living At Its Best

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: