Saturday, March 8, 2008

Old Friends

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 60 degrees, clear skies

I am still having problems with the Internet connection, but hope to have some help with it by the end of the week. In the meantime, I was able to finally add some pictures to the post for 3/6/08, if anyone would like to see them.

This was a fairly quiet day for us. After all, it is the weekend. Carolyn went to Lake Jackson with Lori to shop, but did not find anything she wanted. While they were gone, I went to the Bay City Service Center and donated blood at today's blood drive. I try to donate when I can, but with the traveling and so on, it has been almost a year since I did. After visiting the blood drive, I came home and happened to see two people in the park that I used to work with. It was great talking to them and finding out what they have been doing. I don't miss work so much, it is the social interactions I miss associated with work. I expect to see these two fellows again, plus others that I worked with before we leave.


When I went for my morning walk, I tried to look at everything from the perspective of a new person in town, rather than someone who lived here for 15 years. Based on that new perspective, I saw beauty and things of interest I had never noticed before. Tomorrow I will take the camera and share what I see with everyone.


Tonight we went out for dinner with Lori and her family. Pizza was the choice today, and was not bad. As usual, we had food left which we will eat tomorrow.


On Wednesday when we did some sightseeing in the La Grange area, we found a Catholic church which is one of The Painted Churches. This is a group of four Catholic churches in the area that are considered to be decorated beautifully. They are functioning churches that are very much a part of the communities, and are open for the public to view and admire. Below are some pictures of St. Mary's Church, located in High Hill, Texas.





The pictures don't really do justice to the beauty of the church.



More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Lakeland, Georgia: The City of Murals

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: