Monday, April 18, 2011

Back In Birmingham

Birmingham, Alabama

Weather: low 41 degrees, high 71 degrees, mostly clear skies

We spent a little time this morning preparing for the trip to the hospital in Birmingham, then took off. As I noted, the weather was good, and traffic was not too bad. Near the Tennessee River, we saw the biggest fields of red clover that we had ever seen. Red blooms stretched across fields that had obviously been planted as a crop. Too bad we couldn't stop and take a picture.

The great RV migration north must have started today. We passed literally hundreds of RVs of all types. It was fun to imagine where they might be headed. Alaska? Nova Scotia? New England? Points unknown? I wonder how many of them are heading to their summer base after a winter in the south? How many of them are just following their noses? That sounds like fun to me.

We got into Birmingham and checked in at our hotel, within easy walking distance of the University Hospital. After a late lunch, we made sure we knew where to go in the morning. The last thing I want to be doing is trying to find out where to go and only having five minutes to get there. No problem with that now, and we might even be able to get a shuttle from the hotel to the hospital.

I have to be at the hospital at 0600 hours in the morning, which means we have to get up at 0430 hours. Ouch! That brings back memories of when I was working. But, I'm hopeful the pacemaker that is being implanted will help me feel better. Once I've recovered from that, we're going to evaluate what to do next in an effort to find more relief from the disease. With all the information I'm receiving from people who are helping me look, I should be able to find some possibilities that have promise.

I don't know if I'll be able to post tomorrow, but I will be back for sure once we get home late Wednesday afternoon.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Birmingham, Alabama: The Magic City

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers and healing thoughts being sent to you from Bob and Carol Higginbotham in Chattanooga Tn. Will look forward to updates when you are able!! You and Carolyn seem like a part of our family. May the Good Lord bless and keep you!!

Jerald said...

Thank you so much for the good wishes and thoughts.