Friday, April 22, 2011

Pain Medicine

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 61 degrees, high 79 degrees, partly cloudy skies, windy

My sister Janie is staying with us a couple days during her visit to north Alabama. Judy brought her over just after lunch, and we spent most of the rest of the day getting caught up with what's happening with each other's life, including our children. And grandchildren. Don't want to forget them.

I had a rough night from a sleeping standpoint because my arm and shoulder were aching from the pacemaker implantation. Today, we went to town and had a prescription filled that should take care of the pain tonight. I don't like to take pain medication, but I can't get by with no more sleep than I got last night.

I have been steadily receiving e-mails from the Amyloidosis support group that I joined yesterday. Every message has been a positive expression of support, which is important to receive. And, many of the messages offer suggestions for treatment options that we didn't know existed.

The nurse for my doctor in Athens called today, and said that she had gathered all the records on my case in order to be able to send them to Emory University in Atlanta, where I expect to be going in the near future for further evaluation of my case. Thank God I have medical professionals here who are taking such an interest in my case. I was not happy at all with what happened a couple weeks ago in Birmingham when I saw the doctor there. I may have gone down there for the wrong reason, which was to make it more convenient for family. Future care will be based on what's best for me.

Traci mowed our yard today, so it doesn't look like we need to get a herd of goats to eat it down.

We ate supper tonight at Ruby Tuesday's, where I found a meal that only had about 200 mg of sodium. I'm not going to say it was tasty, because I couldn't taste it. I ate what I could and brought the rest home, where I'll try to eat more tomorrow.

Since I can't drive for another eleven days, Janie drove into town in my truck. She had never driven anything as big as that, but she did good.

Hmmmmm. I wonder if she would be interested in pulling the RV down the road?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Vicksburg, Mississippi: Red Carpet City Of The South

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: