Monday, April 11, 2011

Messed Up Sleep

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 64 degrees, high 80 degrees, partly cloudy to mostly cloudy, breezy, showers late in the afternoon

It is so aggravating to be sleeping soundly an hour after going to bed, then wake up to go to the restroom and not being able to go back to sleep for two hours. Then, wake up again two hours later and repeat the whole cycle. This disease I'm fighting has got my sleep patterns all messed up.

We needed to go buy a few groceries, but it seemed to take all morning to get up enough gumption to get out the door. We finally left home about 1100 hours, and went to Wendy's, where I was able to get a baked potato with the trimmings and unsweetened tea for lunch. Total sodium - 50 mg. I stopped at a store on the way in and picked up a salt substitute in an effort to get a little more taste in the food, and it wasn't too bad. Carolyn had the baked potato, but also some chicken nuggets. She can use real salt, so I'm sure her meal was better than mine.

After lunch, we stopped at the WalMart Mall and spent some time looking at food labels for nutritional values, primarily sodium content. I don't worry about calories or fat, since it wouldn't hurt me to gain a little weight. However, we have found that if the sodium content is low enough for me, the food is usually low in most other things. It's a continual quandary trying to find food that tastes good.

When we got home, we decided to have a homemade tomato pasta sauce, along with pasta, naturally. It wasn't as good as the sauce in a jar, but again, not bad. We have already thought of some things we can do to spice the sauce up.

Several weeks ago, I contacted the person who sold the house to us about him fulfilling the terms of the contract. Since then, I either didn't hear from the seller, or he offered excuses for not doing what he was supposed to do. The result was that the work was still not done.

This past Saturday, I finally had enough, and went to see him again. I think I made a deep enough impression on him this time, as I was very definite in telling him that I thought we had given him more than enough time to do the work, and I needed to know when it was going to be completed. He assured me he would get on it today. I replied that's fine, but that he had said that before, and nothing happened. Again, I stressed that we wanted the work completed as soon as possible. Today, the seller called me to say that the company where he bought the material was no longer handling that material, and he was going to have to find a new supplier. That tells me this is the first time he has made any effort to do what he was supposed to back in December, and it really ticked me off. I will give him a short time to get back to me. If he doesn't, I will be seeing an attorney. That's something I would rather not do, but may be the only avenue I have to get the contract honored.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Chiefland, Florida: Gem of the Suwanee Valley

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: