Sunday, April 10, 2011

Terri Went Home

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 63 degree, high 82 degrees, clear skies

When our daughters visited us in the past, we always tried to have a number of things scheduled to do in the area. The last few visits, I have been unable to do much, and the girls have shown no inclination to do much of anything but stay close and visit. This weekend's visit by Terri was the same, as she didn't leave home except when we went out to eat. I'm so glad they understand my current limitations. I'm hopeful that implanting a pacemaker will make a big difference in how I feel and what I'm able to do. I would sure like to be able to go visit them with the RV!

Terri left in the mid-afternoon, as she and Thomas had to get back to Tuscaloosa to check on their cat. It was a good visit, very low-key, which is the way I would like to keep them. We had a lot of good conversations, and she gave me some good tips on alternative foods and diets, as well as found some information on the web about salt substitutes.

After Terri left, I treated Carolyn to a mocha latte' at McDonald's. I had an ice cream cone and unsweetend tea. I know my choices probably don't make a lot of sense, but it works for me. At least they are low sodium.

Speaking of low sodium, I have not had any food with added sodium for the last five days. Can you imagine how plain grits taste with out salt? Last night, I had baby back ribs with a dry rub that only had 150 mg of sodium, total. Of course, there was no sauce, and the meat was a little plain tasting, but it tasted good to me. I had enough left for lunch today.

This afternoon, we watched the Master's Golf Tournament. Imagine our surprise when I turned it on to find that Tiger Woods had played himself in to contention. Only one problem - he ran out of holes, while the players behind him kept playing well. It was an exciting tournament, and probably one of the best Master's in some time.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Brazoria, Texas: Home Of The No Name Festival

Not all who wander are lost.

3 comments:

Terri said...

I'm perfectly happy just hanging out with you guys :)
I love you both very much!

Anonymous said...

There is a salt substitute I use (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) called, "no-salt" and it is available here in some major grocery chain. It does contain Potassium as the substitute. If that is acceptable then perhaps you can find it online.

Jerald said...

Thanks for the tip on the salt substitute. I always thought I used a small amount of salt in the past, but this eating without any salt at all is boring stuff.