Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another Easy Day

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 39 degrees, high 62 degrees, partly cloudy, breezy

I went for a walk this morning for the first time in about two weeks. We have been so busy helping Terri that I haven't had the energy or inclination to walk. Taking it easier the last two days helped us regain a little energy. After the walk, we went on a short drive through the countryside west of the RV, seeing an area we have not been to before. We drove through the little town of Buhl, which doesn't have much of note except a school. This whole area is a bedroom community for Tuscaloosa, and a lot of new houses have been built.

After the drive, we went to Hardee's and had breakfast. They have the best biscuits that we have found. After leaving Hardee's, we went to Terri's to help her sort through a lot of toys and other items. By the time we were finished with that task, we had a truck load of stuff that I will be taking to Tuscaloosa to donate to charity. In addition, we had quite a lot of stuff that was junk to be disposed of. She still has more stuff to go through, but we will have to wait until next weekend.

After leaving Terri's, we came home to watch the rest of the Masters golf tournament. It was fun to watch the pros having their problems on a tough course, but we also enjoyed seeing them make some great shots.

Supper was leftovers, which is almost like having a buffet to choose from for me. In other words, I don't mind leftovers. It helps us clean out the refrigerator, and Carolyn doesn't have to cook. Another advantage is that I don't have to cook, either. Of course, when I cook, I just say "What would you like for dinner, Dear?" Then it's up to me to find a restaurant that serves what Carolyn wants me to cook. Carolyn says she likes for me to cook. No dishes, no cleanup. Personally, I like Carolyn's cooking, and would rather eat her cooking than just about any restaurant. Since it has taken a turn for colder weather, she is going to cook chili for supper tomorrow night. Denise, we will enjoy your share of the chili.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town: Anderson, South Carolina: The Electric City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: