Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Basketball

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 34 degrees, high 68 degrees, mostly clear skies, light breezes

I didn't take a walk today because Terri asked me to go with her to take care of some business. While we were gone, Carolyn met our next door neighbor, who is in in her eighties, but very much in control of her life. Carolyn says she is a nice lady and will be a good neighbor. After finishing Terri's business, we came back to the RV and took Carolyn to lunch. Then it was out to Terri's house to do some more work. We are going to try to have some Realtors come out in a couple of weeks to give us an idea of what the house may be worth and the chances of it selling in a reasonable time in this real estate market. Surprisingly, we have been told that the market in this area is fairly strong, and has not been affected as much as might be expected with the downturn in the economy.

Most of our work today was in the attic, which was fairly warm, even though the weather was not hot. I would not want to have to do much up there when the weather gets hot.

After our work was done, I played basketball with Thomas. That was the first time to play basketball for me in about 40 years. Considering the difference in years between Thomas and myself, I have to say I acquitted myself well. We were playing Horse, and I won the first game. I had Thomas down in the second game, only to choke big time and drop the game. Thomas took the third game, and thus the match. Still, it was fun, and I didn't play as poorly as might be expected. Who knows, maybe I will get my shots polished and actually win a match before we are done. Oh, I forgot to mention, those goofy dogs were trying to play basketball, also. Can you imagine three German Shepherds trying to take the ball away from you while trying to dribble?

That's about all the news from here.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Williams, Arizona: Gateway To The Grand Canyon

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: