Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jalapeno's Restaurant

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 56 degrees, high 85 degrees, clear skies, light breezes

We were startled when we got to Terri's this morning to discover that she was at home. She is suffering from recurring back pain that puts her in the bed for a day, and then she is able to function again. Since we didn't want to disturb her as she tried to get going, we went to the back of the house after checking to see if there was anything we could do for her. We started packing everything not actually needed to run the house in preparation for the repairs and clean up. I must have made 50 trips up and down the stairs to the basement (okay, slight exaggeration, but not much of one). The basement is where we are putting everything that is packed.

By the end of the day, we had packed and moved everything not needed in two bedrooms and three closets, a bathroom, the dining room, and most of the stuff in the kitchen. In addition, I installed a cabinet door that I had repaired yesterday. Tomorrow, we will start repairs and cleanup in the areas we cleared out today. My hope is that the repairs will be fairly easy. I'm about to get over this work.

As a reward for all the hard work, we went to a Mexican restaurant named Jalapeno's for supper. It was very busy, so I had hopes that it would be halfway good. That's about how good it was, in my opinion. Carolyn thought it was good, as did Terri and Thomas. It was passable, but I like the Texas style of Mexican food better. The Texas style is spicier and the portions are larger. Not that large portions make it good, but it seemed that portion control was in full force. We will probably go back, but it won't be my favorite. I would rather have Carolyn's cooking. Where's an El Chico when you need one? Even that is not my favorite, but it is better than Jalapeno's.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Pigeon Forge, Tennessee: Years Of Forging Progress

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: