Sunday, April 20, 2008

We Have Pictures

Northport, Alabama

Weather: low 49 degrees, high 84 degrees, clear skies, light breezes

We slept late for a change (at least I did). Carolyn still got up about 0400 hours, but was able to catnap until about 0600 hours. I, on the other hand, didn't get up until about 0730 hours. Guess what? The sky didn't fall in, and the world kept turning. I'm thinking I need to do this again, and it would be nice if it could become a habit.

As I mentioned yesterday, we were going to take the day off. It was nice to just laze around for a change. I'm sure taking a rest will rejuvenate us so we can get a lot done on Terri's house next week.

I went for a walk on the Levee Trail in Northport this morning, and remembered to take the camera. Below this paragraph is a view of the downtown and one of the nice old houses that has been turned into an antiques shop.














More pictures of Northport.











Does anyone remember the 5 & 10 cents stores where everything was much less than a dollar?












The picture on the right is of a house that was built in 1838. Looks good for it's age, doesn't it? It was given to the town of Northport in 1999 by a descendent of the original owner.













The next picture is here because I messed up and uploaded it by mistake, and now I can't figure out how to delete it. Anyway, it is a six lane bridge connecting Tuscaloosa and Northport across the Black Warrior River. It is a very busy bridge, especially in the morning on the side going into Tuscaloosa.


The next picture deserves a place in the center of the page because it has a barber shop in the building. What's so distinctive about a barber shop? I received the absolute worse haircut that has ever been given anybody in that barber shop. It was so bad I went home and had Carolyn give me a trim. Since that time, Carolyn has been giving me my haircuts. I figured she could do better than most of the barbers, and she has.

I have more pictures I will post on another day.
More later, be safe.
Today's Town - Hardin, Texas: A Great Place To Live
Not all who wander are lost.



No comments: