Thursday, April 10, 2008

Big Eater

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 64 degrees, high 80 degrees, cloudy and windy

As I mentioned yesterday, Thomas was out of school today, serving his suspension for getting into a fight. Since we still had plenty of work to do on the yard, I kept him busy. He didn't feel too well because he has nasal congestion from all the pollen in the air. However, he did a good job. I'm sure he is ready to go back to school.

We finished the yard and started removing empty paint cans and other trash from the cabinet shop. The garbage was picked up today, and I wanted to make sure we took full advantage of the pickup so as much trash as possible could be taken away. After the trash was removed, we did an inventory of the equipment in the shop for the purpose of listing the property with a realtor when the time comes.

As a reward to Thomas, we went to MacDonald's for lunch. Of course, that wasn't too hard a task for us to do, since we don't mind going there. We had forgotten how much a growing child, especially an active boy, can eat. He had an order that included five pieces of chicken strips, a medium french fries, two apple pies, and a medium coke. Then he wanted to know if he could have another apple pie. When we got home, he had a snack. Whew! I can remember when I could eat more than I do now. It seems the older I get, the less I eat, because it doesn't take as much. Does anyone else notice that?

The weather forecast is calling for freezing temperatures on Sunday night. Our neighbor has about 30 tomato plants he planted about a week ago that he is concerned about. I hope he doesn't lose them.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Winslow, Arizona: A Great Place To Visit, A Great Place To Live

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: