Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dogs and Weedeaters

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 64 degrees, high 74 degrees, cloudy all day

We started the day a little later than yesterday, taking a little time to get out to Terri's house. I finished mowing the yard and started weed eating. After I got tired of weed eating, I trimmed some shrubs and trees and pulled up weeds in the flower beds. There is enough to do that I try to change around on my tasks so I don't get bored with it.

When I needed a break, I wrote up a list of things that need to be done to the house and yard to get it ready for sale. It's amazing how easy it is to write something down versus the work it will take to close out the list. Wouldn't it be great if we could pull a Samantha The Witch routine by snapping our fingers to get all this work finished?

Those goofy dogs were at it again today, chasing and biting at the mower. Later on, when I was using the weed eater, they tried to bite that. At least they got a good workout.

When the day's work was done, I played catch with a football with Thomas. Even though he is not 12 years old yet, he appears to have the talent to play football or baseball as he gets older. When playing, he only knows one speed, and that is all out. I find that I have to tell him to rest, because he will run until he makes himself sick. Oh, by the way, the dogs were in the middle of the football throwing, trying to get me to take sticks from them. Can you imagine catching and throwing a football while three dogs are trying to get you to try to take a stick from them? It's a little disconcerting.

Carolyn prepared homemade hamburgers for dinner, and they were very good. Last night, we had Oriental Beef Stew. I'm liking this home cooking, and she's loving a real kitchen.

More later, be careful.

Today's Town - Gatlinburg, Tennessee: The Heart Of The Smokies

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

loving today's town: Gatlinburg...we got married there!
Gina

Jerald said...

Yes, we remember, because we were there!

Jerald