Thursday, April 17, 2008

River Levee Trail

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 40 degrees, high 78 degrees, clear skies. moderate breezes

My walk this morning was on the Northport River Levee Trail, a walking trail that follows the river levee. The walking path was completed about four years ago, and follows the top of the levee built by the Army Corp of Engineers to protect Northport from floods. The levee was built many years ago, and is 30-40 feet above the surrounding countryside. It winds along the river, with mostly commercial and industrial businesses on one side and, of course, the river on the other. What was surprising to me was that businesses are being built on the river side. I guess the floods are done.

The route goes under the main bridge across the river from Northport to Tusacloosa, and also goes under the trestle bridge I wrote about a couple of days ago. It looks as though the area is getting ready for a lot of building to take advantage of the locations and views. Naturally, I forgot the camera again, so no pictures. I promise, pictures will be taken.

After the walk, it was back out to Terri's house to continue working. I finished cleaning out the attic (what a job), trimmed some trees and shrubs, dug up some dead plants that died during the winter, gathered some stuff to donate to charity, and other little jobs. Tomorrow, I plan to clean up the cabinet shop. Since it is fully equipped for building cabinets, it should be a big asset when the house is placed on the market.

I think I will make this a short post tonight. I'm wore out.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Williams, Arizona: Historic Route 66 City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: