Friday, April 4, 2008

Weather

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 59 degrees, high 75 degrees, cloudy all day, windy with rain in the afternoon, rain continuing into the night

The big story here today has been the weather. Last night, bad storms struck Arkansas and spread northeast from Texas. The leading edge of that system hit here about 1400 hours with high winds, rain, and tornado watches. It looks as though we have missed the worse weather, and the next few days should be nice. Carolyn can sleep tonight.

After the big fiasco yesterday with the RV getting stuck and having to use our road service to get it out, I had some minor things left to do to our parking site. I installed our sewer hose and hookups. Then, the really hard part came when I had to start using a shovel and wheel barrow to move some dirt to fill in the ruts and holes left from the RV being stuck. I worked up a sweat, got hot and dirty, and my back started hurting. I didn't work this hard when I was getting paid for it.

I received an e-mail from an old friend who is still working, whining about how hard the current outage seems to be. Hang in there, Bo. One day at a time. It's all about the money.

Since the weather was supposed to be so bad, we did not do anything else worth talking about.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - San Augustine, Texas: The Cradle of Texas

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: