Sunday, April 18, 2010

Arch Rock

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 66 degrees, high 75 degrees, partly to mostly cloudy skies, light showers

We had our first rain in about two weeks today, but it wasn’t heavy enough to cause any problems at work. It should wash some of the crud out of the air that’s causing so many people problems with their allergies.

I was away from the job for about 36 hours, and it was nice to see the progress that was made. We are still tracking on schedule or slightly ahead, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see us finish ahead of time. What a difference this outage has been compared to the last one in the other unit. We have had very few problems and issues this time, and the few that we had were quickly dealt with.

We thought that our grandson’s high school graduation ceremony was scheduled for May 28, but found out Saturday that it is scheduled for June 5. So, that means we will be leaving for Florida about a week later than originally scheduled. I can remember June in Florida being the hottest and most humid time of the year to be there. Maybe it will be different this year. I don’t think I would bet any money on that.

While we were at the WalMart Mall yesterday, I took the time to get a haircut. Remember what I said about Carolyn measuring me for a dog collar if I didn’t get a haircut? Instead of waiting on me, Carolyn went over to the grocery section and started browsing the aisles. When I caught up with her, she was leaning against the grocery cart, and looked like she was sick. She had a vertigo attack, and could hardly stand, it was so bad. I got her home, and she laid down for the rest of the day. By about 2100 hours, she was feeling a little better. When this outage is finished, she wants to go see her doctor to see if anything new has come up in the last couple of years in the treatment of the ailment. She has suffered with this problem for several years now, and it has severely limited what she can do. I hope something can be done. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.

On to happier times. I've mentioned several times how much we enjoyed our trip to the west coast, and up the coast to Washington. Here's a picture we took of Arch Rock, located on the Oregon coast near Brookings.



More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Blakely, Georgia: Peanut Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: