Friday, April 2, 2010

Off Work Tomorrow

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 66 degrees, high 74 degrees, mostly cloudy skies, light sprinkles late in the evening

Carolyn had another good night of sleep, which may be helping her allergies more than anything. Rain is in the forecast, so maybe some of the stuff in the air will get washed out.

Progress at work continues on schedule, without any major issues at this time. As I said yesterday, our first real test as to whether things will continue well comes Sunday. The next major test will be on Tuesday. If we get past those two issues, I should be finished here in about four weeks.

We had supper at Chili's with my brother Terrell and his wife Kathy. They are thinking about buying a motor home to use when he has to travel for his job, which is about two weeks a month. I've been trying to give him some advice on what to look for, since we have a little experience. Everyone's needs and wants are different, but I can tell him what to look out for. Things like cargo carrying capacity, what to look for as far as mechanical condition, engine type, and on and on....

When we started looking for our first RV ten years ago, we had no idea what we were doing. The most important thing we realized out of that experience was that we didn't know anything about RVs, and decided to learn all we could before we bought. As a result, it took us a year to eventually buy, and it happened that the first RV we looked at was the one we bought. Was the first RV perfect? No, it wasn't, but it was as close to perfect for our needs at the time as we could get.

One thing I advised Terrell was that they might find it helpful to rent an RV for a week or two. That would allow them to try driving and living in one before spending a lot of money to buy something that wasn't right for them. I'm excited for them, and I hope they find what they're looking for.

I'm off work tomorrow, and I'm ready for it. This first week of the outage went well, but the long hours start to wear on me. Maybe I'll be able to sleep until 0600 hours. We have several chores to do tomorrow, but I'm going to make time for some meditation in the afternoon.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Kenner, Louisiana: America’s City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: