Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One More Day

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 53 degrees, high 84 degrees, mostly clear skies

Most of my day at work was a little slow. I helped some other groups with what they needed from the health physics division, and I got out of the office a little for a couple of walkdowns and to see how the outage was finishing up. While I was out, I took the time to visit a couple of my friends and give them some razzing. Don't think I was picking on them. You have to have a tough skin with some of these guys, because they can give as good as they get.

When I was in my office, there was a steady stream of trucks going by the window moving equipment that was used in the outage to a staging area outside the protected area. The plant is in the early stages of starting back up, and should be generating electricity in a couple of days.

I meant to do a couple more small chores when I got home from work, but Lori had come over for a visit. I'm glad she came, since I always enjoy visiting with my girls. It also gave me an excuse to not do the chores. I didn’t have the energy or inclination to do a lot. The long hours will take a few days to recover from. As I begin to feel more rested, my pace will pick up. I’m looking forward to being able to go for my early morning walks again.

While Lori was visiting, we decided to go out for supper. We went to a Chinese restaurant that has gone through several owners over the last few years. There is another owner there now, and the food was good, there was plenty of it, and the price was reasonable. I'm not sure why this location can't seem to make it, unless the people here don't care for Chinese food.

I’m a retiree from the plant where I’ve been working the last couple of months. As a retiree, I’m entitled to participate in the site’s medical plan. Today, a site wide message went out about the changes to the medical plan and what those changes mean to the medical plan participants. After reading the message and what the changes mean, I’m more concerned about the changes that have not been decided upon by the federal government than anything else. What’s the deal with a new law like this that has been enacted that will affect every person in this country, and the government still hasn’t decided what the new law really means? I guess the bureaucrats will decide for us. More surprises on the way.

One more day at work, and we're free again. Wahoo!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Dayton, Tennessee: Home Of The Tennessee Strawberry Festival

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: