Friday, April 23, 2010

Fajitas

Weather: low 72 degrees, high 80 degrees, mostly cloudy skies

I think summer is starting to sneak up on us here near the Texas coast. The humidity is starting to be thicker each day, and we had a thick haze this afternoon that will probably only be gotten rid of with a thunderstorm. I'm happy with the weather we've had so far, which has been the best that I remember for an outage at this plant.

At the job today, we were provided lunch, which consisted of fajitas, beans, rice, tortillas, chips, pico de gallo, and sauce. Ummm, good! I’m not used to eating more than a sandwich for lunch, so I saved some of my fajitas to take home. I guess you know what I had for supper.

Before moving to Texas, we had never had fajitas before. We didn’t know what we were missing, but have eaten our share since then. Our oldest grandson is a fan of fajitas, and likes the mixed ones with chicken and beef. I prefer the beef ones. Wrap some of the meat in a tortilla with pico de gallo, and you’ve got a treat.

We're in the final push at work, with the major work expected to be completed by Tuesday. I should be finished with my part in another day or so after that. It's been a much better outage than the one we had last fall, and it's probably a good one for me to go out on. There's nothing like success to make a person feel good.

Another picture was taken at work today, and this one is with my friend Craig. Note how we're dressed. Who do you think does the work? Of course, work is a relative term. At least I look like I'm working.



I'm off work tomorrow, so I have the usual chores to take care of. Laundry, shop for groceries, buy diesel, go to the library, take care of any chores around the RV...... Next weekend, I shouldn't have to do all that stuff because the job will be finished. On the other hand, I'll be busy getting everything ready to travel.

Our son-in-law John's father passed away suddenly today. Our sympathies and thoughts are with the family at this time.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Akron, Ohio: Rubber City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: