Friday, April 30, 2010

Good Dentist Visit

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 74 degrees, high 81 degrees, cloudy, light sprinkles, humid

The gulf coast humidity started making an appearance today, as it got up to about 90%. It will be this high or higher most of the time until this winter. The first day of cooler and drier weather at that time will be like a breath of fresh air.

Remember I said I hoped I could sleep until 0500 hours this morning? Success!! I didn't wake until shortly after 0500, and felt pretty good. I didn't get up right away, enjoying not having to jump up and go to work. About 0800 hours, I went for a long walk for the first time in about five weeks. I had forgotten how much I enjoy those morning walks.

We went to the dentist later in the morning for our six month checkups, and everything checked out good. The dentist joked and said he couldn't make a living off us, didn't we need a crown or something like that? We've known him for a long time, and he's always joking like that. At least I think he's joking.

After lunch, I did some work on the computer that I had been putting off because of the outage. I had some chores I wanted to do outside, but the light sprinkles, with the threat of heavier rain, kept me doing little tasks inside the RV. Of course, I wasn't hard to discourage, since I was starting to run down a little.

We watched a movie after the computer work (Burn After Reading, with George Clooney, Frances McDormand, John Malkovich, and Brad Pitt). It was a comedy with a twist, which I enjoyed, but Carolyn didn't care for. When the movie was over, I enjoyed some meditation for about a half hour.

Lori came over after school was finished and we went to Pizza Hut for supper. They have a good special going on now that let's you buy any pizza, fixed any way, for $10.00 (large Super Supreme with the original crust for us). I couldn't pass that up, and we brought enough home for lunch tomorrow.

Tonight, we watched a show on television about different people and their ancestry, with the show concentrating on Spike Lee. Carolyn has been working on the different branches of our families, but I didn't realize how hard it is to find some of the information. She has been able to find good information on everyone except my father's side of the family. It's almost like they avoided the census takers. Hmmm, I wonder what that means?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Ada, Oklahoma: Home Of The Chickasaw Nation

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: