Friday, April 16, 2010

Picture From Work

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 67 degrees, high 75 degrees, partly to mostly cloudy skies

The nightshift folks had a very productive night, and we continued that momentum today. Refueling of the reactor started, and that will be followed by other activities that will eventually lead to the new reactor head being installed on the reactor vessel. We’re still on schedule, and might be gaining some time. It’s good that we may be getting ahead a little, but what’s most important to me is that we don’t make the outage longer, like the last one was.

Carolyn and I went out to eat tonight, but I won't say where, since it was forgettable. I was tired and would rather have stayed at home, but I have to remember that she needs a break after staying at home all week. The food wasn't good, but the company was the best. We talked about our plans when the job’s finished, bouncing ideas around about what to do when the family obligations and a couple of other things are taken care of. She seems to be intrigued by the idea of going to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, but she also likes the idea of going farther west. I like talking about where we’re traveling next and planning the trips. I guess it’s my detail oriented brain kicking in gear.

I’m off work tomorrow, and it’ll be a repeat of the last few days off. Wash the laundry, buy groceries, go to the library, have lunch with Lori and the grandkids, take care of any chores I need to do around the RV, and most important, get in some power meditation. Oh, and one more thing. Carolyn says she’s going to measure me for a dog collar if I don’t get a haircut soon. So I guess I’ll have to take care of that. Maybe.

Over the years, I've been fortunate enough to work at the same place as my brother Terrell. A couple of years ago, he retired from the same place as I did, except I "retired" about eight years before he did. After about a year off, he decided to accept a job as a contractor doing the same job at the same place he retired from. Funny thing about his job now, though. Before he retired, he had a lot of stress. Since returning to work, his stress seems to be gone, and he makes a lot more money. We are both here at the same time, and today we happened to be in the same office at the same time. Someone grabbed a camera and got our picture. Terrell is the one sitting, while I'm the one who looks like a real working person. Another way to recognize him is that he's the older of the two of us. Not really, but everyone thinks he is. I'm actually almost three years older.



How neat is it that we work at the same place? At least for a couple more weeks, and then I'm outta here.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Cold Spring, New York: Come For A Day, Stay For A Week

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: