Saturday, April 24, 2010

Last Saturday Off Work

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 72 degrees, high83 degrees, clear skies, breezy

I managed to sleep until 0430 hours, which was better than last week on my day off. By the time I finally got up, it was 0500. Carolyn was already up, so I didn't have to be quiet so I wouldn't wake her up. We took it easy until about 0900 hours, when I took the laundry to the nearest laundromat and washed it. As we have since we arrived here almost two months ago, we went to K-2 for lunch. The restaurant is pretty good, but we're at the point where we want to try something else. In about nine days, we should be leaving here for something different, as in traveling again. Yes!!!

After lunch, we stopped at the library, where I picked up some new books to read and Carolyn checked out a book of crochet patterns. When we got home, I dropped Carolyn off and went to the WalMart Mall to buy groceries and fill up the truck with diesel. Meditation was in order when I got back home. I guess you know what I'll be doing when the job's finished in less than a week. The rest of the day was spent doing little chores around the RV and getting ready for the last few days of the job. I'm more than ready for it to be finished.

When we went to the library, I checked out a video titled The Ice Harvest, starring John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton. We watched it tonight since there wasn't anything on television we wanted to see. Not bad, we've seen better and worse.

The beaches of Florida are famous tourist draws, and with good reason. The beaches of Oregon have their own beauty, but not nearly as many people are seen on them as there are in Florida. That's probably because the water is much cooler in Oregon, as is the air. This picture was taken in July, and we only saw two people on the beach. Neither of them looked as though they were interested in sunbathing or going into the water. The date was July 2, and we were wearing jackets, which was a first for us on our wedding anniversary.



Only a few days to go, and then back to the retired life and traveling. Yahoo!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - West Pittston, Pennsylvania: The Garden Village

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: