Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Cold Rain

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 43 degrees, high 45 degrees, cloudy, rainy, cold

The rain started about noon today, and has been falling since. More is expected tonight, and in to tomorrow. Just another typical winter day here in Bay City near the Texas gulf coast.

Since I expected the rain to come in, I got my morning walk finished fairly early. When I got home, I dumped our holding tanks so I wouldn't be doing that in the rain. Terri was given the opportunity to learn how to dump the tanks, but declined. Can you imagine someone turning down the opportunity to learn how to do that important task?

After I finished dumping the tanks and a couple of other little chores, I did some reading and surfing on the net. I was getting a little shaggy around the ears, so about 1300 hours I went to get a haircut. Now I'm set for the next 6-8 weeks. While I was gone, Terri went over to Lori's house for a visit, which made for great quietness for some meditation. The only problem was that I didn't advantage of the quietness, watching a movie I had been wanting to see for some time. The movie was Charlie Wilson's War, starring Tom Hanks. I thought it was good, although it has been so long since the events took place that I can't vouch for many of the details that were brought up in the movie. Like I said, a good movie.

Everyone gathered at the RV for supper, which consisted of leftover chili, cream of tomato soup, corn bread, rice, and the rest of a loaf of sausage, cheese, and jalapeno bread. Not much was left this time, and it was good food to counteract the cold weather.

Lori brought me a belated Christmas gift that arrived today. The gift is Stephen King's latest book, Under The Dome. This book has got to be the heaviest and longest one that Stephen King has written, with a weight that must be close to five pounds and having 1,074 pages. Hmmm, I wonder if I can have it read by the end of January?

We've got a trip planned to the hill country tomorrow, so there should be some new adventures to share over the next couple of days.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Abilene, Texas: The Key City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: