Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cooooold - Brrrrrrr!!

Benbrook, Texas

Weather: low 24 degrees, high 47 degrees, clear skies, winds to 30 mph

We're surprised at how quiet the new RV park is, considering how close we are to a major metropolitan area. This morning while talking a walk, I saw the sky line of Fort Worth in the distance to the north. It was so quiet that we didn't wake until 0600 hours, and it was probably the aches and pains of these older bodies of ours that woke us then.

Speaking of taking a walk, this park is one of the best we've been in for walking. I could probably walk 6 to 8 miles here without retracing my footsteps. By the time I finished tromping up and down the hills in the cold wind, I felt like I was back on the stress treadmill. There are a total of 105 campsites here, with some of them being primitive and most of the others having water and electric hookups. Some of the sites have 50 amps of electricity hookups, while others have 30 amps, and some have no electricity at all.

We stayed inside most of the day, keeping warm and watching college football (at least I was watching football) while Carolyn did some genealogy research. Eventually, we decided to go to Sam's Club and pick up a pizza for supper. If any of the readers have ever been to Sam's, you know how difficult it is to just go in and buy one thing. I know we've never been that focused, so by the time we left the store, we had bought tomatoes, salad greens, and calcium tablets for Carolyn. Of course, I had to do some grazing, checking out all the different food items that the store was promoting. It's a good thing I didn't eat lunch before we went over there. Otherwise, I might have gotten too full. As it was, I had just enough.

The football game I was most interested in was the SEC championship game between Florida and Alabama. Unfortunately, my Gators forgot to show up for the game, so Alabama won it, 32 to 13. The Tide was obviously the best team today, and I'll be pulling for them in the national championship game, where they'll probably play Texas.

Another cold night with a low of 25 degrees is forecast for tonight. Carolyn loves the cold weather. I could do without it. We've got to get our schedule straightened out so we go to the cool weather when it's hot, and to the warm weather when it's cold.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Fort Worth, Texas: Paris Of The Plains

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: