Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cracker Barrel

Benbrook, Texas

Weather: low 34 degrees, high 43 degrees, cloudy, fog, misty, windy

Here's what the weather looked like across the lake today. We could barely see the other side of the lake with the mist and fog. Not that anyone would want to be out on the lake, with the weather so cold and windy. The wind chill was in the 20s, so it took away any ambition I may have had to do anything outside other than take my morning walk. Several times I found myself walking backwards against the wind because my face was so cold.

When we were in Clifton last week, I took a picture of a statue of a cowboy and his horse in the town park. I like to see these types of scenes because it gives an idea of how much people appreciate their history and what they may perceive as the legacy that was left to them.

Our friend Denise came to the RV today for a visit. We spent some time catching up on what had been happening with her and us. At lunch time, we went to Cracker Barrel for about the best home cooking you can get outside the home. I had my favorite of meat loaf, while Carolyn picked the chicken fried chicken. What's the deal with chicken fried chicken? Is it fired chicken or is it double fried chicken? Why not just call it fired chicken fillet? Am I missing something here? Anyway, Denise had the chicken fried steak. Now, that makes sense to me. But chicken fried chicken? The food was good, and it doesn't matter where you get it, everything tastes the same.

After we ate, we went back home for more visiting. Eventually, Denise had to leave, but it was good to see and visit with her. I think she and Carolyn are planning a little get together for the two of them in a few days.

Later in the day, I did some reading and meditation while Carolyn was catching up on some genealogy. All in all, it was a good day when the weather outside was not fit to be out and about.

More later, be safe.

Today's State - Texas: The Lone Star State

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: