Thursday, December 24, 2009

Santa's Almost Here

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 56 degrees, cloudy and rainy early, then clear skies with winds gusting to 40 mph

In the spirit of the season, I hope everybody's been good. We wish everyone a happy holiday.

About 0230 hours this morning, we had a weather front with lightning, thunder, heavy rain, and high winds pass through the area. It was quite a light and noise show, but at least the weather is cooler, which helps us get in the holiday spirit. Think about it, how much like Christmas does it seem when the temperature is 78 degrees and the mosquitoes are circling and attacking like dive bombers?

Carolyn sent me to the grocery store a couple of times today as she spent some time baking cookies and getting her menu ready for Christmas Day. Before all the cooking started, we worked together to clean the RV, which didn't take long. Small is good.

After my first trip to the store, I went for a walk early in the afternoon. I waited that long because the wind was blowing so hard. With the wind blowing so hard, the walk became more like work than fun. I cut the walk short and returned home, where Carolyn had another list of stuff for me to go get. Maybe it's just Bay City, but I haven't seen the stores overrun as in years past.

With everything I did to help Carolyn, I still found time to change the fuel filter on the truck. That was another little maintenance chore that I've put off doing as often as I should. Our truck runs well, and I need to do these little maintenance tasks on time to keep it running well. Maybe I'll develop a spread sheet to help me stay up to date on things like this.

Merry Christmas.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Charleston, South Carolina: America’s Most Historic City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: