Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 34 degrees, high 50 degrees, clear skies, breezy

Before I go any further with today's post, I would like to acknowledge the people who have to work on holidays like today. Policemen, firefighters, medical folks, and many others that keep our society running. Most important on the list is all the service men and women who ensure our freedoms and security.

The career I had in nuclear power before retiring required me to work most holidays. That meant I missed the usual morning activities that we normally associate with Christmas, such as opening gifts. That wasn't all bad, because it meant that the holiday lasted longer with all the anticipation building until I got home at the end of the day. Along with a great supper, we would open presents and enjoy the grandkids as they tore paper off gifts and looked for the next one to open. Now that I'm not working the holidays, we try to spend the them with one of our daughters. This year, we will have both of our daughters and their families together for the holiday, and we couldn't ask for a better present.

Terri and Thomas will be flying in from Birmingham, Alabama, but won't arrive at the airport until about 2200 hours tonight, when I will be picking them up. In the meantime, Lori and her family came to the RV for lunch, which consisted of baked ham, green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, squash casserole, and other goodies, including pecan pie. There were plenty of leftovers, so they came back for supper. Ohhhh, my stomach hurts.

It's time for me to go pick up Terri and Thomas. Merry Christmas, everyone.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Butte, Montana: Copper City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: