Tuesday, December 22, 2009

GPS Unit Arrived

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 58 degrees, high 72 degrees, mostly cloudy skies

This picture of the morning sky was taken at Union Grove COE Park the morning we left there. I don't know about everyone else, but we like to see the colors that sunrise and sunset bring to the sky.

Rain threatened the area most of the day, but we never saw any where we are. That suits us fine because this area is a little water logged from all the rain they received this fall. Oh, by the way, did everyone notice that yesterday was the first day of winter? I forgot to bring it up in yesterday's blog.

After my morning walk and breakfast, I was feeling a little lazy. When I was at the library yesterday, I checked out the movie "The Assassination Of Jesse James by the Coward, Bob Ford". Today seemed like a good time to watch it. I don't have any opinion as to whether Jesse was an unfortunate man caught up in circumstances he couldn't control, other than that he never seemed willing to try to make an honest living. Anyway, this movie purported to tell what happened in the weeks and days leading up to the time when Bob Ford shot Jesse, and what happened to Ford afterward. What makes this most interesting to me was that we saw Jesse's real grave in the Granbury, Texas, city cemetery. Notice at the bottom of the headstone is the legend "Supposedly Killed In 1882." Is this where Jesse really buried? I don't know, but this is more of the quirky stuff I love to find.

After lunch, we went for a short ride on some of the back roads we remembered from when we owned a home here. Nothing has changed of note, other than a few houses being built. On our way home, we stopped and visited with Lori and her family. While we were there, we picked up the GPS unit that we ordered last week. This is a picture of the box it came in. One reason I held off on buying one (other than the fact that real men don't need no stinkin' GPS unit) was the same reason I held off on buying the first computer years ago: waiting until the perfect one came along. Unfortunately, there will never be a perfect computer or GPS unit. If we wait for perfect, we'll never buy. Anyway, we have a GPS unit now, and it'll be interesting to see how lost I can get using it.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Interlachen, Florida: Between The Lakes

Not all who wander are lost.

4 comments:

S said...

Hi Jerald,

I am your follower, hope u don't mind ;)been reading your blogs for some time now! they all superb! I have always wanted to do this ..this travel across boundaries with a happy inquisitive mind and heart! hope we make it someday! regards to Carolyn;)

Happy Holidays!
sree

Jerald said...

Thank you for the kind comments. We hope you are able to do this someday, also.

Jerald

frank gagnon said...

lol,we have a picture of jesse grave and head stone also,but we took our picture near Kearney,mo.at his dad's farm

Jerald said...

As I said in the post, I like the quirky stuff that we find. As if their claim to Jesse's grave site was not enough, Granbury also claims that John Wilkes Booth lived there for several years after Lincoln was assassinated. Thanks for the comment.

Jerald