Saturday, December 26, 2009

Late Night Last Night

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 36 degrees, high 50 degrees, cloudy, rain in the afternoon and evening

After I posted the blog last night, I drove up to Houston Hobby airport to pick up Terri and Thomas. I was at the terminal about 20 minutes before the scheduled arrival of their flight. Unfortunately, they were not on that flight because the airline schedules were running at least two hours late because of the snow that hit Dallas a couple of days ago. Have you ever tried to get information at an airport late at night? There was no one to ask about schedules, and the only information anyone was getting was from the people who were flying. Carolyn called me and said that Terri and Thomas would be about two hours late arriving in Houston. They eventually showed up about midnight, and by the time we drove home, it was 0200 hours in the morning. Now, that was a late night. We were all tired last night by the time we got home, and even getting up at 0800 hours this morning didn't help much. We don't have anything planned for tonight other than visiting with everyone, so maybe we can get in the bed a little earlier.

About three weeks ago, I received a recall notice on the truck that asked me to make an appointment to take it to a Ford dealer to have a problem with the cruise control corrected. It seems that there have been some instances where the use of the cruise control led to fires in the electrical system. Even though I was tired today, I had an appointment to go to Angleton to have the recall notice taken care of. So, about 0830 hours, about the time I had the sleep pried out of my eyes, I was on the way to keep the appointment. The dealer wasn't busy and was able to take the truck right in, finishing the repair in about 15 minutes.

On the way home, I stopped at the WalMart Mall to pick up a couple of things Carolyn wanted for lunch. She prepared some cream of tomato and basil soup, along with the leftovers from yesterday. Lori and her family were here to help us keep working our way through the stuff that we are trying to eat so we can get it out of the refrigerator. It seemed like old times: family together eating a good meal, everyone talking at once, and having a good time.

Our daughters, Lori and Terri.

When lunch was finished and the kitchen cleaned up, Lori took the grandkids to the movie to see Avatar. That gave me quiet time for some well earned meditation.

Eventually, it was time for supper. Carolyn and I discussed what would be quick and easy, yet still be a hit with everyone. Pizza won out, so it was back to the Mall for some pizzas and bread sticks. It's amazing how much cooking you can do in these small RV kitchens when you set your mind to it. And, the pizza was a nice change after the holiday food. After supper, we had a fun time sitting and talking about days gone by.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - New York, New York: The City Of Dreams

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn & Gerald,

This is Billy's Daughter Joni, I wanted to say hello and comment on the picture of the girls. They still look just as beautiful as the picture Granny has of then in her living room! I saved your site to my favorites and every now and then take a peek. While I'm thinking of it I heard Carolyn did a family tree or somthing like that. Where is the Roberts family from, heritage etc. If you don't mind sharing I'd appreciate any Info. Thanks alot, Joni my email is worldfamouset@yahoo.com

Jerald said...

Good to hear from you. Carolyn is getting some stuff together to send you in the next few days.

Take care,

Jerald