Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sunshine And Warmer

Benbrook, Texas

Weather: low 40 degrees, high 60 degrees, clearing in the afternoon

The weather was a little strange today, with misty rain and cold early. After lunch, the skies cleared and it warmed up to 60 degrees. Tonight, another cold front passes through here, with the low in the morning expected to be about 25 degrees. What a change in 24 hours.

We spent the morning staying warm and cleaning out the junk from a couple of cabinets. I don't know how this stuff accumulates on us so fast, especially when we make an effort to not let it happen. If we have time tomorrow, we'll do some more clean out and clean up.

When we got tired of cleaning, we went to the laundry and washed our clothes. I left Carolyn at the laundry while I ran a couple of chores, including returning books to the library. While I was at the library, I asked if they had any used magazines for sale. The assistant showed me where the used magazines were and said I could have any of them I wanted. What a deal! By the time I finished looking through the different magazines, I had picked out about 20 that we hadn't read.

The next stop was at the post office to mail a stack of Christmas cards. I was surprised at how slow business was at the post office. Has everyone already mailed their stuff? I think not. Busy days are coming for the post office.

By the time the laundry was finished, it was time for our friend Denise to get off work. We met her, and I left Carolyn with her as I ran a couple more chores. The ladies did some shopping and hanging out with each other. Eventually, we started home, where we turned up the heat and settled in for the night.

I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. If everything goes well with the appointment (I have no reason to think there's anything wrong), we will probably be leaving here in the next couple of days. We're not sure exactly where we're going, but the direction will be primarily toward the hill country.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Petaluma, California: Chickaluma

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: