Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Busy, Busy Day

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 35 degrees, high 58 degrees, cloudy skies

What a busy day it was for us! But first, here's a picture of the chaos I have created trying to carry geekiness too far. Just when I thought that I was getting to the point in my continuing quest for knowledge in computer literacy and all things electronic that I thought I knew what I was doing, I bought a wireless router for the Internet so company would be able to access the Internet from any place in the house. After two days of trying to get the dad gummed router to work, this is the mess that I have made. Carolyn is not happy about this mess. I've got to get this straightened out soon.



The router doesn't seem to be picking up the signal coming in to it, so that naturally means the signal can't get to the computer. Arrrghhh!

Last Christmas, Terri gave me a mouse pad that's pretty special to me. My grandkids call me Pop Pop, and the mouse pad has a label that's self-explanatory.



Terri and Lori are my two daughters. They gave us three special grandchildren, Julian, Zoe, and Thomas. We have been blessed.

This is the first year that we have put up a fairly normal tree in about six years. Carolyn did this one day while I was away from the home base. There's not much on it, but we feel fortunate to be able to do this much. Note that there's only one package so far. More on the way.



As I said earlier, this was a busy day. We had some companies come out and give us estimates on installing rain gutters. Once the estimates were all in, it was easy to pick the company that we wanted to use, and the work will be performed a week from tomorrow.

The next thing we did was meet with the gas company at the home base about installing a gas log for us. The gas company people looked at our situation and made a recommendation that we accepted. In the process, I was able to bargain with them a little, and that gave us some savings on the yearly rental of the storage tank. They will be back tomorrow afternoon to install the system. I'm ready!!

Once all that was done, Carolyn said she wanted to go to town to do some more shopping. Have I created a shopping monster? It doesn't matter, because I'm glad to see her doing as much as she is.

Our last stop in town was at K-Mart, which we had not been to in several years. It was a nice surprise to find that not much has changed, and we were able to find just about everything that Carolyn was looking for. I think we'll probably be doing more shopping there.

The good news in all this activity is that Carolyn did not have a vertigo attack. She doesn't have many days like today, and we're thankful for them when they do occur.

To top the day off, we had a nice supper of baked chicken, dressing, English peas, and cranberry sauce. Ummmm, Boy!!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Brownwood, Texas: “Feels Like Home”

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: