Friday, December 31, 2010

New Printer, Best Wishes For A Happy New Year

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 52 degrees, high 63 degrees, cloudy skies, rain showers late

This is weird weather - snow last weekend and bitter cold, now rain and warming for at least a day or two. Then, there's the tornadoes in the mid-west that killed several people today. Is it caused by global climate change? I'm not convinced.

Remember in yesterday's post that I wrote about Carolyn going to the doctor? Well, she suffered an allergic reaction to the medicine that was prescribed, and I had to take her to the emergency room at midnight last night to get treatment for the reaction. I felt bad about it, because I was the one that talked her into going to the doctor yesterday. At least we know she can't take that particular medicine again.

We didn't get in to the bed until after 0200 hours this morning, so we slept in a little in an effort to rest. It was at least 1000 hours before we started doing anything at all, and Carolyn took it easy all day in an effort to get to feeling better.

Our old printer bit the dust yesterday. Since I needed to go to the drugstore to get Carolyn a new prescription (I hope this one works), I decided to stop at the WalMart Mall to see what they had. I found a new printer that cost $49.00, and the ink for it is about half the price of the old printer. On top of that, I had a gift card for $40.00, so once that was applied to the price, the printer only cost us $9.00.

When I installed the new printer, I couldn't get it to print what I wanted. Looking at the trouble shooting directions, I found that I needed to do all sorts of things in an effort to find out what was wrong. To make a long story short, I found that the printer wouldn't print a document for me if we were connected to the Internet. When the Internet was disconnected, the document printed with no problems at all. I don't know what causes that anomaly, because it would seem that the Internet wouldn't stop the printer from working.

This has been a good year for us in many ways, but also a trying year at times. We tend to be the type of people who prefer to concentrate on the good things that happen to us versus the bad things. We're thankful that we have our family and friends, and look forward to seeing them every chance we get. Rather than be selfish and say what we would like for ourselves in the new year, let me say that I hope our country begins to find it's way out of the mess that it is in. I think all of us would be better off if that were to happen.

Finally, Carolyn and I wish everyone good health and prosperity and A Happy New Year.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Bastrop, Texas: The Heart Of The Colorado

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: