Sunday, December 26, 2010

Slow Day After Christmas

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 19 degrees, high 29 degrees, cloudy skies, windy, snow

The snow continued here today, sometimes hard, sometimes soft. There were not as many people stirring outside in it today, as I think most people are going through post-Christmas laziness. I think we all needed a slow day, after being so busy leading up to the holiday.

The leftover food got hit hard today, but there's still plenty left. We'll freeze what's left for a day when we don't want to cook. I think our imaginations got carried away with us when we planned the menu. Plus, Judy brought over a lot of food. Maybe we were planning for surprise visitors that never showed up. If they had, no one would have gone hungry. I think we could have fed 20 people with no problems at all.

As I'm writing the blog, I'm listening to Pandora radio with Rodney Crowell, The Eagles, Eric Clapton, John Lennon....... Great music that seems to be ageless to me. Tapping along to the beat, I have to go back and correct my typing from time to temi, I mean time. See what I mean?

Thomas spent the day playing his new Play Station 3 game system. He received several new games with the system, including NCAA Football 11, Mafia 2, and others that I'm not familiar with. I let him set the system up in our bedroom, where he could play all he wanted and not tie up the television in the living room. Plus, he could use the easy chair in the bedroom. Pretty good digs for playing games. I think the only thing that would have made it better for him was if Julian and Zoe had been here.

Terri did a lot of reading and watching television, as did Carolyn and I. I think we overdosed on Orange County Choppers. Carolyn is fighting a cold that's trying to get her down. She has a sore throat and a little cough with the sniffles. I guess being out with all the shoppers caught up with her.

The truck probably thinks I've forgotten her. This is the second day in a row that I haven't started her up, and I may not do it tomorrow. She's been working hard, and deserves a break. Just like me.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Florence, South Carolina: FLO

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: