Sunday, December 19, 2010

New Computer Desk

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 26 degrees, high 45 degrees, clear skies

The weather was better here today, actually reaching 45 degrees. It's unusual to us to see so many people outdoors with short sleeve shirts on, and no jacket when it's still this cool. I guess the people here don't think it's cold until it gets in to the 30s. Growing up and living for many years in Florida, we thought it was cold with weather in the 50s. How times have changed.

Carolyn wanted to get out again today, especially with the weather so nice. I made sure to not take her on a long road trip, choosing instead to go to Dollar Tree to look for a couple of cheap containers for storage. The Dollar Tree store in Athens is one of the smallest ones we have seen, and they didn't have as much merchandise as we're used to seeing in those stores. Still, we managed to find what Carolyn was looking for.

Dollar Tree and Staples were the only stores Carolyn went in to, choosing to wait on me while I went to the WalMart Mall to pick up a wireless router for the computer. At Staples, she helped me (strongly suggested) pick out a computer desk. I've been looking for a desk since we got in to the new home base, and Staples had a good selection.

Has anyone out there tried to put packaged furniture together recently? I was about ready to go get an engineer to put the computer desk together, but finally figured out what I was supposed to be doing. Then we had to place the new desk in several locations before we settled on what I hope will be it's home. At least we didn't wear the desk out moving it from location to location. When we were placing the living room furniture, we probably made about five different relocations of the furniture before it was right.

After supper was finished, I installed the wireless router. At least I thought I did. I followed the directions, but can't get online with the router. I'm using the signal from the Internet modem at this time. Maybe I'll work on the router tomorrow. Just when I think I'm getting a little geeky, I run into something like the router that proves to me that I don't know what I'm doing.

Now, where's that telephone number for customer service?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Fremont, Ohio: Where People Come First

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: