Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day Of Rest

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 40 degrees, high 73 degrees, partly cloudy to clear skies

Carolyn was a little under the weather today, and it's no wonder. With the problems she has with vertigo and the traveling we have been doing, plus how busy we have been, she has worn down to the point that it doesn't take much to put her on the couch all day. So, we took things easy today. She didn't go anywhere, and I only left the RV a couple of times to go to the post office and HEB grocery store.

We ordered our mail to be forwarded to us from the Escapees headquarters on Tuesday, and hoped it would be here today. No luck on that, but I think it will be here tomorrow.

The trip to HEB was to pick up some milk and a couple other items. The store is only a mile or so away, and in the past I might have walked to it. Not now, since I don't have a sidewalk to walk on. There's too much traffic to trust drivers to see me.

While I was at HEB, I saw one of my old co-workers from the nuclear plant. He thought I was here to work, and seemed happy that I might be going back. However, it seems hard for people that have known me a long time to accept that I don't want to work any more. I don't know how to take that. Does that mean that they enjoyed working with me as much as I enjoyed working with them, or does it mean that I seemed so dedicated to my job that people think I still am?

Oh, by the way - I am not back here to work. I'm over it. It's past time to do our thing.

With Carolyn being under the weather, we didn't go see Lori and her family tonight. Hopefully, Carolyn will feel better tomorrow and we'll get out and about. In the meantime, it didn't hurt me to get some rest.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Portland, Maine: Hill City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: