Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another Slow Day

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 71 degrees, high 91 degrees, partly cloudy

Today was a little cooler, which made my morning walk easier. What really made my day was that I didn't have to do any weed eating. Have I mentioned how much I don't like that job?

We looked at another house for Terri today. Can you believe this house had particle board as the sub floor? That stuff is notorious for falling apart if it gets wet. So that's one more house off the list. That's too bad, because the outside of the house and yard looked good. We have an appointment to see another one tomorrow.

After looking at the house, we went back to the RV so I could do some power meditating. I don't get to do much of that since we have been here with all the work. Thomas is gone to church camp in Kentucky this week, so we don't have as much to do. After the meditation, I did some yard work around the RV. We expect rain sometime this week.

Since we had not been to Terri's house today, we went out later in the afternoon. I fed and watered the dogs, watered some plants, and puttered around. Carolyn did some small chores in the house, then prepared fried shrimp for supper. After supper, I brushed the dogs down in an attempt to remove some of their winter fur. They are outside dogs, so they developed a thick coat as protection against the cold winter. Now that the weather is hot, they are suffering from the heat. After brushing them, I collected a WalMart plastic bag full of fur to get rid of. Maybe the brushing will help the heat issue for the dogs.

As you may have already gathered, today was a quiet day for us. We have been needing some days like this.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Helena, Alabama: Home Sweet Home

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Hewy Nosleep said...

I hope you enjoy the visit! I'll honk if I see ya'll pass by!

Jerald said...

Thanks for the welcome.